Welcome to the Estuary Guide
The Estuary Guide aims to provide an overview of how to identify and predict morphological change within estuaries, as a basis for sound management.
For further information read a more detailed overview
Please select a user category that most suits your requirements.
Regulators/ Operators/ Developers/ Policy Makers
The Guide is:
- An interactive document supported by a series of searchable tools;
- An overview of best practice in the field;
- Based on a collation of industry experience and ongoing research;
- A vehicle for collation and dissemination of the current outputs of the Estuaries Research Programme (funded by Defra and the Environment Agency since 1998) and other ongoing R&D.
The Guide is not:
- A prescriptive set of government advice, rather a summary of best practice;
- A complete and comprehensive guide to estuaries recognising all user perspectives.
= Click to expand a section. = External weblink