There are two main elements to the Guide:
- The discussion of best practice in how to identify and predict morphological change in estuaries;
- Details regarding methods and models available for analysis and modeling.
The first of these items consists of a number of introductory sections that provide context. Specifically these relate to:
The remaining sections then provide details relating to completing studies to identify and predict change. This includes the following:
The second item provides access to details of the various methods and models available for examining change within estuaries. Information can be accessed at a number of different levels:
- A brief explanation of each method (as grouped under 5 generic method / model types). Approximately one paragraph
- A tabulated summary of key issues for each methods (such as temporal / spatial applicability, data sources, limitations etc)
- An in-depth description of each method, including reference list.
In addition the following can be accessed: